Monday, May 31, 2010

The Tulip


A seed, small delicate unaware
Of what difficulties life may bare
A little sun and water I begin to grow
What God has planned for me?
I shall never know
A drought season I begin to stagger
My petals become limp
Knowledge the size of a nymph
But just as I began to wither
Water rained its wisdom on me
I become wiser
Please don’t pick me yet I’ve just started to grow
And my path…
I still don’t know
I sway in the direction of the wind
Revolve, rotate and occasionally spin
The storms come in my life
And Tries to break my petals
But they never kill me
I may seem delicate
But inertly I’m tough as a tea kettle
I absorb the water and with it I grow
Growing larger,
But not in a rush to be fully grown
And my path
Is still unknown
As the sun comes and I have bloomed
Now ready for the world with my petals
Although soft I’m made of metals
Titanium, vanadium, but my favorite gold
I have been mold and as you take your pick
Ill prove that slow and steady will win the race for life
So everyone get ready I’ve taken flight

No comments:

Post a Comment