Monday, May 31, 2010

The Figures of our Imagination

text 3
notes
The Figures of our Imagination

Did anyone else used to have imaginary freinds when they were younger? I did mine coinsidently was my father, im not sure if he was really there or because i had such a strong urge to see him agaiin i fixated an image of him in my head which became real to me. When youre younger you have no problem seeing what others cant because nothing really has a definition, words are just words, people are people,colors are colors. Overtime our eyes become trained though to block spirits, to distinct classes, to judge of colors.

Its something so mind catching to me about children and Imagianry friends though. Are these figures of there minds or are they really there real spritual dieties or vessels trying to make there way back into the human life through these children. My little sister when she was 4 and I was 16 scared the shit out of me one night. We were home alone and I was watching MTV and she was playing Barbies all of the sudden she asks someone if they would like to play, just thinking she was talking to another Barbie I laughed and tuned back into my show. She then comes over to me and says meet my friend (mister, how i origianlly thought it was spelled). Scared out of my mind I told her to stop and I ran into my mothers room. For the rest of the night she laughed in ecstasy with “mister”. I tried to ignore it, I had seen too many movies like the sixth sense and documentaries on children and there imagianry friends and I was convinced that mister was some spirit of a male pervert. mean to have the name “mister” of course it was a man.

The next day after school and much thought, I wanted to know more about this imaginative “mister”. I asked why mister wasnt with his family. And she quickly corrected me and said mister is a girl! I asked her if she knew anything else about myster and she said that myster and her mommy died in a car accident and her mommy was in heaven. I then asked why she wasnt in heaven with her mom and she said mister wasnt ready to leave earth, she still wanted to stay and play before she went to heaven. Despite me being scared I found this story beyone intresting, Mister was once a human… a real little girl robbeb of her youth by death. But she wanted to remain an earthly child so bad that she let her mother go on the after life as she lurked around as a spirit just looking for another little girl to accept her spirit and be friends with her.

I began to become to intrested in mister and just imagianry friends that I did some researched imagianry friends. I came across a website which said that often times children will name there imagianry friends “man.girl, or myster” the myster caught my eye despite the spelling being different than how I visualized it. The website went on to say that imagianry friends will go by “myster” to keep there identification a “mystery”. That blew my mind because it made soo much sense.

Well Chase continued to play with myster until one day she stopped. Perhaps they needed each other. Chase needed a friend her age to play with until she learned how to play alone and Myster needed to live her last days of childhood through Chase. The older chase got the less often Myster would come, I believe because the older we get the more our eyes become trained to only see what is “real” our eyes are essentially blinded by life the more we live. If I saw an “imaginary friend” today or my dad I would not be excited id be scared out of my mind “scared to death” because I would be looking at the death of another.

No comments:

Post a Comment