Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Yin and Yang

I am alive every place that you saw me, every place you didnt, and every place you never will

You awakened me in every sense of visual perception

When I first met you I saw beauty eloquently personified,

in your deep mahogany eyes

my eyes got lost in yours

your eyes were like two little worlds

and I,

I wanted to get lost in them

explore them, and get to know them

What good is sight without imagination

I looked in your eyes and imagined we were in Africa

Kings and Queens

You drapped me in the finest gold

but the love you wrapped me in was finer than any material thing

I saw us taking walks in rainforests,

Floating on clouds

and kissing under the stars

I saw us going places no couple had before.

What good are eyes if we only see the ugly?

I saw us rising above hatred, war, genocides

Our love got us high without weed

You became my method man,

your love would be all that I would need

I began to undress you with thine eyes

and if love is blind, I pray God blinds me

just so the love i am imagining with you could find me.

But its funny,

how everyones eyes see the worlds images differently

because when you saw me

you saw just another girl

You didnt see any intricate metaphors

No appealing hyperbole’s

No fascinating similes’ of what could be's

the amusing alliteration I littered my brain with were all lies

you kissed me on my cheek ever so gently

you looked me in my brown eyes

…and then continued to just pass me by.

and although tears now flow down my cheek where your lips once rested

im not mad

becuase I am alive and awake in every place you touched me, every place you didnt, and every place you never will

1 comment: