Friday, June 25, 2010

The Shadow.

I see this little girl crying all alone on a bench

Although I cannot see her face

I see her tears

I wonder why she sits there all alone

Quiet and mellowdrone

She sits alone

Family and friends stopped to see about her

But they didnt have what her soul was searching for

Until a little boy came

He proved to be just what she needed

But just like all the others he just passed her by

Not there to stay

Over time his face fades away

But left a bruise on her heart

But the good thing about bruises is in time they’ll heal

And there she sits

Confused as to whether I should go console her

I make up my mind

Ive been watching her all this time

Guy after guy each proves to be a bigger burden on her heart

I could have stopped all of this

But instead I watched and let it happen

But im walking to her now

I can save her

From all of the pain

I can take it all away

I can bring her sunshine on the cloudiest days

I grab her and look her in the face

Startled and Shocked to what I see

That girl is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment