Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Losing my Balance

I think im losing my balance cuz this boy he really had me
Sweet on my tooth like a cavity
Now when his name is mentioned I feel a rot in my stomach
But with him I thought we could summit,
But don’t fall for the beautiful lies in which others can give
Im only 19 ive barely even lived
So there are some tricks I will fall for
Like an adolescent just wanting a treat
Like a hungry person wanting to eat
I wanted you, all of you right down to your toe
See it was a short amount of time but I could tell you were different, or at least I thought so
But the absence of longevity just fooled me
As I hum love oh love stop making a fool of me
You continue to find ways to creep into my happy days
Oh my friends say you don’t need a man to be happy
But im ready for a commitment I know that may seem sappy
On to the next has never been something I didn’t know
But im constantly im done with, I want someone who with I can grow
Our love can grow high like the beanstalk, so high, others will try to tamper it
Damper it but we will pay them no mind, because when im with you I have a piece of mind,
And mine is yours, yours is mine, not moving too fast just taking our time
See my rhymes in this maybe weak, but at this point so am I




I just wish I could meet a guy whos not gone lie
See when it comes to my emotions don’t play me like a game
Its totally different when dealing with someone’s brain
I am a beautiful black woman, why am I put through so much pain
But one day ill look back and see, why we weren’t meant to be
Because ill be with someone who proves my every fanatasy known
And together we’ll laugh while reading this poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment